Wednesday 18 May 2011

Confident that CiU will Make Vilanova i la Geltrú a Better Town

On May 22, I have the right to vote in the Spanish municipal elections. My starting point is that the economy of Vilanova i la Geltrú - due to a scarily high unemployment rate, a growing municipal debt and a lack of private investment - is out of balance. I therefore hope for a political majority which is mentally prepared to carry out tough changes.

Local politics often lacks ideology, but as a Swedish liberal, I feel very comfortable with the business friendly election platform presented by Convergència in Unió (CiU). True, among the party candidates there are a few people who have a conservative opinion on moral issues, but they are in minority. On the other hand, in terms of private enterprise and personal effort, there is not a single representative who has a point of view further to the right than mine. This may reassure those who believe that CiU politicians are all heartless neo-liberals.

During one month I have closely followed the activities of the local CiU team and I am now convinced. I will vote for Neus Lloveras!

- - -
If you have any questions about Neus Lloveras and the CiU election platform in Vilanova i la Geltrú - which I know well - or that of Xavier Trias and CiU for Barcelona – which I want to learn better - please write a comment and I will try to answer.

No comments: